Locked from using Samsung Note 9 . ?

I got a brand new Samsung Note 9 from my relative, it's a nice phone but it did get factory reseted and when I started to set it up it goes to the screen to enter in the pin/pattern screen or you can use gmail, I mention this but she said she can't give me the pin nor the gmail password cause she forgot it, so I tried to look online to find out how to fix it but hardly any luck. It's a shame for me to try an throw it away, is there anyway for me to fix this? I don't want to throw it away! So if you can help please do. 

God bless🙏🏼

She can easily reset it, if she’s refusing to do so then it most likely isn’t her device and it’s stolen. 

• Lv 7

SHE can reset it using her gmail account.

until then, it is locked.

https://www.howtogeek.com/226942/what-to-do-if-you...

• Pyrus

Why can't she just reset her gmail password without associating it with her phone number? They don't just send a message to the cellphone. There is more than one way to reset it. I'm sure she has security questions that although she doesn't remember, if asked to her by the automated system, she'll be able to answer because it would be details about her own life. If she even doesn't remember THAT, then she'll have to contact Google to disassociate her phone number from her own phone and create a new gmail account which she'll HAVE to memorize by heart, and associate THAT with her current phone number. Let this be a lesson to her to not be so irresponsible. 

i would take it to a phone place, they might be able to fix it for you

Go to the Samsung store that they know what to do.

• Jay

You know this is a Q&A site, right? So you're supposed to ask or answer a question. Nothing else.