Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 weeks ago

What is there to do in South Korea?

I’m a US soldier soon to be stationed at Camp Casey. I’m looking for a decent list of fun stuff to do during my stay there. 

Have sex with the cheap bar flies get married to one and bring her back to the big super walmart in the states.

Eat Korean food and drink Korean beer and make love to Korean ladies :)

I was only there for short port calls,  with the US Navy......but we went many times. 

Technically , and theorthetically speaking......we are NOT suppose to wander too far from the ship.......(for reasons, that if they fly the Recall flag, ---for a sudden and unexpected change of orders and we must haul anchor, immediately--- you are suppose to be in sight of the ship to see that. ) 

So that severely limits how far we are suppose to go, and obviously  greatly limits what we can see. ....as most things in view of the ship, are usually the stripper joints and bars. 

(and that is where most sailors will end up spending their time and money) 

I , however,  often ignored that rule.....(at my own risk and peril)  and would venture out and try to actually *SEE* the countries I was visiting.  Various monuments and parks, and even shopping centers,  just to see something other than cheap hookers and run down cheesy bars. 

If you are actually stationed there,.....clearly the recreation office, would have dozens  if not hundreds of ideas of things to do there.....that could require more TIME and greater distances to travel. 

I never got to see the BASES there,   so can't tell you what they are like.......but I greatly enjoyed my visits there....and tried to see as much as I could......*away*  from the red light districts. 

Get lost in the National Park.

BS. If you were a member of the military stationed outside of the US, you would ask others on base, not random strangers online. 99% of those here could barely find Korea on a globe.

• Gabriel4 weeks agoReport

I have been asking people. Just looking for as many options/opinions as possible so I can have an idea of what to expect before I go. 

go get laid for a jar of mayonnaise

learn. you'll have lots [for the military] free time and that can be put to good use with college via correspondence or internet [Univ. of Maryland is big in this area].

Camp Casey MWR website:

https://casey.armymwr.com/

Jump as high as you can

You fool. You'll only end up dead if you go there.