Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 4 weeks ago

Someone told me that I have a "celtic nose" what does this mean?

I was chatting with someone on an ancestry and anthropology forum and he took a look at my Instagram pictures and told me that I have a Celtic nose shape, cheekbones and ears.

But how come I don't look Celtic at all in other parts I mean I have jet black hair.

My skin has a pale pink hue and yes I do have some freckles but they're barely visible if at all. I do remember having a lot of freckles as a kid though and my hair was brown and light colored.

Could I really have some Celtic admixture in me

Not cheekbones but cheeks. Sorry about that 

Black Irish is an ambiguous term sometimes used (mainly outside Ireland) as a reference to a dark-haired phenotype appearing in people of Irish origin. However, dark hair in people of Irish descent is common, although darker skin complexions appear less frequently.

It means little to nothing. People often claim to be part Indian (Native American ancestry) because they have high cheekbones, which is nonsense. I've also heard people calling someone "Celtic looking" because they had red hair and light eyes. 

Celtic people are very diverse when it comes to looks, including their nose shape. This is because the only thing they have in common are their languages, which are all descended from Proto-Celtic (a branch within the Indo-European language family).

There are not pictures of the Celts, only renditions or what artists think they looked like, so how would he know what a Celtic nose looked like

Humans evolved in Africa 150,000 years ago, and some people migrated out of Africa 60,000 years ago. Since then their descendants have evolved to by non-Africans. Some evolved into Central Asians, some into the Melanesians, Negritoes and Australian aborigines, and some into the Han Chinese. The Central Asians gave rise to Europeans, Mongolians, and Native Americans.

Since that time, Europeans have migrated east to the Middle East and India, and some ot the Middle Eastern folks then migrated to North Africa and some back to Europe. The Han Chinese has migrated south the SE Asia, and from there some even made their way to Madagascar. And these migrations do not even include recent ones made by Europeans to Australia, Noth and South America and southern Africa. Everywhere people went they admixed, The Chinese for example admixed with the Melanesians to produce the Polynesians. They also interbred with darker skinned natives in the Philippines and the rest of SE Asia to produce people with mixed African and Chinese characters.

Europeans and north Asians typically have cold adapted features such as a tall and narrow nose bridge, thin lips, big eye balls, light skin tones, shorter arms and legs, a more rounded torso, straight hair, and deep set eyes. Admixture, however, can modify these features. Some Europeans have wider noses than others. Some have darker skin than others and some have longer arms and legs and a more slender torso.

Because of admixture between people with more ancestral African features and those who are adapted to cold climates, it is difficult, if not impossible, to classify people into different races.

Freckling is the result of light skinned people (who has little eumelanin (dark brown to black) in their skin) evolving to be darker, by increasing the amount of phaeomelanin (yellow to red) in their skin to try to protect their skin from harmful cancer causing UV light. The freckles are the uneven clumping of phaeomelanin. If your skin has the ability to produce eumelanin, then it can get darker and partially obscure the freckling.

Get more followers on Instagram from https://followfans.com

• Henry

It means you probably have Celtic ancestry. Jewish and Roman noses are different.

looks are just looks bet they look like a asians