Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Someone help please?

i am a 56 year old woman and my son is 16 years old and he is absolutely unbearable and crazy. he shoves me around hits me yells at me violently and is emotionally and physcially abusive. I always have to take the blame for his actions and do everything he says or he yells threatens or hurts me im sick of it who do i call 

In response to the question asking what have i done to him. Nothing!!!! i sent him to private schools till elementary to get him a good start in life. Absolutely everyone says i over pampered him i carried him every where till he was 3 yeas old. i took an extra maternity leave im not even going to continue i have done so much. His brother is absolutely nothing like him!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

Call his doctor, get him a therapist, and if he becomes dangerous call emergency services (911 in the US) and tell them your son is mentally ill and is threatening you. And you might benefit from seeing a therapist or family therapist to learn how you can handle this difficult situation.

He is hitting you,  call 9-1-1.  He needs to respect you.

you call his father to teach him discipline and raise him right. that's what happens when boys grow up with only a mother raising them.

A person should get nothing for which they throw a tantrum.  You have trained him to act this way.  When he shoves you or hits you or does any unacceptable behavior you need to correct him by calmly telling him his behavior is wrong and unacceptable with an authoritive tone of voice.  And you should not do anything he asks for in such a manner.  His violence must stop and you must stop it before the police do or he finds himself in jail.  Take courage - you can be the one to put an end to this.  And it takes love to be firm and do this.  You may need to take self defense classes and buy pepper spray or a tazer - but it is better for you to do this than the police.  Note also the type of music he listens to.  Many a parent is realizing that the music their children listen to prompts them to this type of disrespect to their parents. 

If I had a child then I would homeschool my kid. Yes, it would be work, for me, but at least I can see what he is doing, and how he is behaving.

If something in my kids life changed then I probably would notice it, and try to figure out why my kid changed.

call the police on him, let him go to juvi for a while

• Cogito

You have to call the police.  You have to have him charged.

Unless you do it now, he's going to get worse and worse - and he'll end up in jail for a very long time.

• Eva

You call the police. He will be taken to family court and deemed a person in need of supervision. He will then be placed in a facility or foster home.

What have you done for him to turn out like this?

• Tj

The police would take him.