Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 4 weeks ago

How do I get over my fear of communal showers that don't have stalls?

I'm a female and trying to get over it

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Try and just look straight ahead do what you have to do and think about what you need to do for the day to try and preoccupy yourself. Remember that you’re not the only person who’s In your situation 

• 4 weeks ago

I am willing to help by offering to watch you shower. Once you get used to me watching, adding more people won't be so scary.

• 4 weeks ago

practice showering with guys

• 4 weeks ago

just shower somewhere else

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Why? Is there a reason you have to use a communal shower? I've NEVER liked communal showers and have done everything to avoid them my entire life. I think they're a stupid concept. We have to get naked around strangers or worse, friends just because someone is too cheap to install walls? I don't think so. I'll put my clothes back on my sweaty or dirty body and go home and shower and do laundry.

• 4 weeks ago

You don’t have to be naked to take a shower at the swimming pool. If you’re uncomfortable with taking a shower naked with other people, just shower in your swimming suit. 

I’m a guy and I like to put on a swimsuit and take showers when there are naked women around. I love this gender neutral showers. 

• Christian4 weeks agoReport

Broooo gender neutral showers... where do you live?

• 4 weeks ago

A poor body image is likely your problem. Until you overcome that you won't get over your fear. Because you judge yourself too harshly, you assume others do as well. I can assure you that this is not the case. Sure there are going to be others there that might look better in some way than you, but there will also be others that don't. That's just part of life and you need to learn to accept that in order to cope with it.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

find another place to shower

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.