Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

Is buying a used laptop safe?

I'm planning to buy a used ROG laptop for around 32k PHP (632.63$) is it worth risking?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

That one looks like a business is selling it, so probably. let them allow you to test it out before purchase. but i don't know if it is worth that price, as you did not give the specs

• 1 month ago

Go ahead it looks good 

• 1 month ago

Laptops depreciate, who knows what kind of inappropriate material are saved on the computer drive, that computer are used and abused by so many people! 

• 1 month ago

I bought some used HP Elitebook  convertibles that are 7 or 8 years old, but upgraded to Win 10.  I paid about $100 for each, on average.  I shopped a long time on Ebay for ones that are in top shape.  Scratches or dents are not important, but operations were perfect.  But I did get one which later developed a bad keyboard interface.  Not even replacing the keyboard helped the keys that don't work.  So I use a USB keyboard with it.  Never can tell about what you will get or how long it will work properly when you buy without warranty.

Source(s): Using computers since 1962. Building pc boxes for several decades.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's a risk......... 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you know a lot about computers then it should be safe, but you never know. If there is something wrong with it then maybe you can fix it. I would also recommend wiping out the hard drive, or solid sate drive, and installing a new operating system just in case the computer is infected with something, or if you prefer you can replace the hard drive, or solid state drive with a new one.

• 1 month ago

Often used computers are better available.

• 1 month ago

It seems like a lot to spend on a used laptop. Especially in the Philippines. You could go to Walmart in manilla and probably buy a new one for that much.

• 1 month ago

Buying a used product can be perfectly fine if the seller is reputable. It can be a risk to buy from some random seller.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, as long it has pictures of it and the parts are not broken.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.