Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Do you brush your teeth before going to thr dentist?

When i was a teen, my step-mom said she does not brush her teeth the day of going to the dentist because "she wanted to get her full monies worth when she got her cleaning"  she said this to me and it flipped my world upside down.  What do u do?

• Jamie
    Favorite Answer

Yes I brush to save embarrassment . I used to chat to a dentist at night school and he could not be clearer on how stressed he would get about saliva and blood and gunk . A past dentist of mine said him brushing my teeth was like a doctor washing my hair.

As a Dental Hygienist, I do appreciate it when my patients come in after brushing their teeth. Not only does it save some time, but we can let you know any areas you may be missing or need to improve on while brushing.  

• justin

ur supposed to brush and floss she is an inconsiderate person like someone who leaves trash on the table and doesnt pus in their chairs at a foodcourt

• Eva

That's disgusting. The dentist shouldn't have to deal with her gross breath.

• audrey

That's gross. Of course I brush before going.

I brush my teeth. It's gross not to.

Any normal person brushes their teeth before going to the dentist. 

Yes, I brush, floss and use a mouthwash before going to the dentist. It is just polite.  I'd brush a couple of time daily anyway and floss less often but it is only decent to be as clean and fresh as possible before seeing a dentist.

• Mog

I brush my teeth before going to the dentist.