Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 4 weeks ago

Autistic Spectrum?

Ok so I was diagnosed as a small child as severely autistic with Oculocerebrocutaneous Syndrome and I was told I'd never be a functional person. Back then I was on the low functioning end of the spectrum. Today I'm 21 and I live with my parents, pack my own lunches, take the bus for transportation, do my own laundry, and complete chores in order to earn allowance to pay my cell phone bill. I'm also homeschooled and even though it's super hard I'm pushing myself to the limits to complete my 12th grade year. I'm like a quarter done with my senior year of high school! I'll probably graduate around my 22nd birthday in October 2020. I also work one day a week helping out in an after school program at an elementary school. I talk normally although I do have a bit of trouble communicating. I have an IQ between 73 and 92. I think I'm more like an Asperger's guy than a severely autistic one now. And I think most of my Oculocerebrocutaneous Syndrome problems are physical not intellectual. What do you think?

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.