Betta Girl asked in PetsFish · 1 month ago

Should I buy a 30 gallon tank or a 52 gallon long tank for my betta sorority?

I am torn cause I’m considering buying either the 30 gallon tank or the 52 gallon long tank. Please help me choose!

The 30 gallon is way better quality glass but isn’t long (and bettas love long tanks)

The 52 gallon tank is long but not as great quality. 

Please help!

• pepi

For a sorority, more space is better.

• Ocimom

I'd go with the 30 gallon.  I'm assuming you don't have more then 5 females.

• PR

Geez, how many bettas do you plan on keeping? A 50 gallon tank is a large tank even for larger fish. You should probably go to your aquarium store and talk to them about this since you have a lot of betta sorority questions. They could probably answer most of your questions and help you get this ready. There are probably sites online that discuss this, as well.

I would say that a bigger. longer tank is always better.  but what is different in the quality?  The biggest tank in the world is not better if its leaking.

Make sure the tank comes with the hood and the stand.  Those things are not cheep to get afterwords. 

Didn’t you buy the 30 gallon tank already. 

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191...

• Betta Girl1 month agoReport

yes I did but I’m considering using the other one as a community tank without bettas and then this new one for bettas.