Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

What is going to happen to Adobe Flash Player after it discontinues in December 2020?

Nothing, it just stays as it is. Newgrounds has made a browser that is flash friendly. I really don't understand why they're forcing flash out of browsers because plenty of people still make games in flash

Adobe will no longer update Flash or make security fixes

I asked that of my security provider; their video coverage requires Flash for play backs. Their answer was, "We have that taken care of." And that was it. Apparently they are rewriting their code to eliminate the need for Adobe Flash to do video playbacks.

I have to believe all the other Adobe Flash users are doing the same. They will have to provide a revision of the software that eliminates needed Adobe Flash for videos.

• k w

you wouldn't believe me.....

It will still continue to work, but Adobe will no longer be maintaining or updating it. That means that if someone eventually finds a massive security vulnerability, Adobe won't fix it.

Most websites that relied on Flash have transitioned (or are transitioning) over to HTML5.

• NONAME

flash will still be the dominant used program for years to come...despite what adobe wants

• marty

It will stop updating and distributing Flash. The company suggests that developers switch from using Flash to modern web technologies such as HMTL5, WebGL or WebAssembly.

You just answered your own question.

• Fuhr

You will have to get your Flashes on the subway like everyone else.

• VAA

Technology called HTML5  will be used in it's place.