Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 month ago

How should I prepare for this court case?

I am 17, a few weeks ago I was up top a convenience store terrace with friends. I had an airsoft gun and wanted to show it off but I unknowingly shot out one of the convenience stores very large windows. I did not know there was a bb in the gun when I shot it off and the bb ended up breaking one of the windows. I and my friends ran out of the store and threw away the airsoft gun. Weeks later they have found me and are asking me many questions regarding the gun, they thought it was real up until today when they got a warrant to search my room and found co2 canisters. What should I do going into this? Should I reach out to a lawyer? What is likely to happen? Everything was an accident and I just want to do the right thing.

Get a lawyer for sure. You had this gun out in public for some reason. The way their going to look at it is you & your friends were up to no good. Get charges reduced, pay for the damage & be very humble & apologize.  

Get a lawyer right away. Don't say ANYTHING to ANYBODY, including the police, without a lawyer present. That means you go silent, make no comments and say absolutely NOTHING until your lawyer is present. Shooting out a store widow can be a pretty serious charge and if you are arrested you'll want legal counsel at your arraignment. If you are arrested, GO SILENT, except to ask for a lawyer.

Pay for the window, plead STUPIDITY, and BEG for mercy.

• Bruce

What you describe is not an accident, it is called negligence. Negligence is the same as intent. You should prepare to be found guilty and be ordered to pay a fine and pay for the window. If the window is as expensive as I think it is, consulting with an attorney may be a good idea. 

You should discuss this with your parents instead of random strangers on the internet.

You know you are guilty so why not fess up and act like the adult you think you are.

You can contact a lawyer but that will add to your debt in this instance.  Find out how much your cost will be and your punishment and decide how you want to go forward.

• Eva

You are going to be arrested. You will be charged with vandalism at the very least, and it probably would be a good idea to retain an attorney. At the very least, you will have to pay for the window.

Yes, you need a lawyer to sort this out for you.

Wanna do the right thing? Reimburse the store for what it cost them to replace the window that you broke, accidently, or not.