Just got a ticket?

Hello, 

I just got a speeding ticket. I told the police officer that I have insurance, but I Cannot pull it up right now because I did not have wifi. however, I just realized that my insurance expired last week. I have to pay this ticket in ten days. So what should I do?

you should get insurance

Just pay the fine on the ticket. You can also face possible penalties for operating a vehicle without insurance.

The Police will already know your insurance was out if they check the database. So you pay the ticket, renew the insurance and be very contrite if challenged.

The problem is that without insurance your home and all your possessions could be taken off you if you injured someone by bad driving.

• STEVEN F

MOST states don't have such a database.

Please walk mate

Thank You every one for the help. 

• Bruce

You didn't mention getting a ticket for the insurance, so as long as you renew it you don't have to do anything else except pay the speeding ticket. 

EVERY insurance company that offers digital insurance cards allows you to DOWNLOAD the card. They also allow you to PRINT the card. Finally, you should be able to access the digital card using cellular data without WiFi. In short, even if your insurance was in force, there is ZERO excuse not to be able to show proof of insurance at all times.

Getting insurance after the fact doesn't change the fact you ARE guilty of driving without insurance. You only have one real option. Pay the fine.

Update: 7 people gave thumbs down because they KNOW I am correct and don't like it.

"I have to pay this ticket in ten days. So what should I do?" Pay the ticket in 10 days. Get you insurance renewed. Be really happy he did not cite you for the insurance issue.

• pmt853

Pay up, take any punishment for having no insurance and take much better care of your speed and insurance in future.

• Jay

You don't "have" to pay a ticket at all. You are supposed to contact a lawyer and figure out if it is worth it to contest in court. Liberals and conservatives HATE this, hence all the thumbs down. But it is highly recommended that you do this. Laws are made to control people so you should take every chance you can to get around them. I just got out of one and only paid $60 to the lawyer instead of $300+ for the ticket. Plus it was also wiped off my record.

• Jay

Bruce is Steven F's alt account. They think they can circumvent the rule against having multiple accounts. Report them.