Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 month ago

Can I still go to Canada?

I'm a US citizen wanting to go to Canada. 3 years ago I was arrested, but I was never convicted. The charge was also later dropped and expunged. Is it possible that I'll still get into Canada?

8 Answers

  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

    Just see what they tell you.

  • 4 weeks ago

    It's possible.  No promises though.

    Thank you for asking, I think.

  • 1 month ago

    A current passport is required for entry into Canada no matter your nationality. You may also use a Trusted Traveler program card, like NEXUS, or an enhanced drivers license, but you are still required to have a passport. If you are traveling with a birth certificate and drivers license, do so at your own risk.

  • 1 month ago

    You were not convicted, so, you would not be disallowed because of the arrest.  There may be other reasons, but, not that.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    They don't want you, stay home.

  • opurt
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    The charge being dropped and expunged means that the arrest won't prevent your entry to Canada because effectively it "never happened". That doesn't mean that there might not be other reasons why you wouldn't be admitted.

    • Lars1 month agoReport

      I have a hard time believing that

  • 1 month ago

    If expunged I don't think it shows up.

  • 1 month ago


    Canada Immigration Officers will decide when you try to cross.

    Crossing into Canada is more than just not having a criminal record.

    • Lars1 month agoReport

      does it help if I told you I didn't even plead guilty?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.