Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

worried about girl at school?

I see this girl in my grade sitting alone in the library every day. She started at the school this year, and I am worried about her. In the classes I have her in she sits alone and just stares into space, and doesn't talk, and she looks really sad... she wears a jacket every day and its hot :/ I don't know if I should talk to her or not because I swear she has never said a word to anyone.last term in class we were doing a practice essay and she keep moving around and she punched the wall next to her and stood up and said to the teacher something about being ****** in the head, then he was like r u stressed, and she said no, then he took her outside. she came back in and got her books and bags and left. weird stuff like that. 

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Could be a lot of things going on. Possibly multiple issues. “Are you stressed?”, etc., seems a weird and inappropriate response from a teacher if that was the extent of his concern and he didn’t notify the school psychologist, nurse , social worker, etc. regarding this girl’s suffering. Teachers are supposed to be “mandated reporters.” What if this girl is being abused, neglected , etc.?? Maybe you could express your concern to the teacher and/or nurse or other school personnel  and ask if anything is being done to help this girl. Say it’s bothering you. It may be concerning to other students as well. You all have a right to care about the welfare of a fellow student and the right to communicate this to school teachers and administrators.  You’re obviously a compassionate, sensitive person. That’s very commendable. The world needs more people like you. You could also just say “hi” to this girl in addition to the above if you want her to feel somewhat cared about. Just start slow. If she’s suffering from trauma/PTSD, she might not respond right away or at all , she might not trust people anybody if severe abuse has occurred. Don’t take it personally if that happens. She could be reacting adversely to psych drugs if she’s on them, as well, could have hormonal issues such as thyroid issues which can cause depression, anxiety, anger and other issues which are then get  misdiagnosed as ‘bipolar disorder’ or other psychiatric issues. Anger, anxiety, depression, emotional lability, impulsive behavior, anxiety, apathy, isolating can also be side effects of neurological damage caused by many psych drugs, as can ‘dissociative episodes’ and seizure activity when people just stare off into space like she does. The “thousand mile stare” is also a classic PTSD symptom originally identified in traumatized soldiers in earlier wars who were suffering from “shell shock” (severe psychological trauma). There are so many unknowns here.  There could be autistic, Aspergers elements involved, again, so hard to know.  People with those issues do tend to be more susceptible to bullying, abuse (physical/sexual/emotional) and trauma than the general population, often, since they feel and are misunderstood, appear and feel ‘different ‘ and have trouble with verbal communication in general. Therefore, communicating their distress intelligibly when they’re suffering  or being abused is often not easy or even possible for them until they suffer a complete breakdown, maybe not even then. So they continue to suffer and become more and more isolated, ‘fitting in’ less and less over time. Autistic spectrum

people can also have  ‘mind blindness’, meaning they assume everybody thinks the same way they do and should therefore know what they’re dealing with automatically, without telling them. They often can’t even identify the emotions they’re having . And then when people don’t respond to their suffering, which they can’t put into words and identity, they feel abandoned and uncared for, causing further anger and frustration. Because they have a hard time identifying their feelings and emotions, they might just say they feel  “****** in the head”, as this girl did, because they can’t identify specific feelings and emotions as well as others. Such people can even be misunderstood (and possibly abused) by their own families, misdiagnosed with ‘mental illness’ (which autism and Aspergers are not, technically)  and , again, prescribed powerful, neurotoxic psych drugs that make them suffer even  more.  They can also be cut off from physical discomfort and external stimuli (wearing a jacket in hot weather). So multiple things could be going on but seems like whatever the causes of her social isolation and pain, she’s suffered significant trauma as a result of it all, with the staring, impulsive anger, looking sad (depression), sitting alone, etc. Poor girl. Must feel completely abandoned and alone in the world. God bless you for caring. You’re a good soul. 

• atomic fireball
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

No, it says she came back in the classroom and got her books and left. He didn’t “take her away”.

• patty
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

is she anorexic?

• Duby
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

This girl is probably being abused at home. Try and speak to her. 

• 1 month ago

Look for ways to be kind to her.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Sounds fishy to me.  If this is real she needs to reach out because we never know the whole story.

• 1 month ago

Maybe talk to your teacher first and see if there's anything you can do to make her feel more as part of the class. If you really feel like she is hurting herself and no one seems to notice then I would advise you to go tell a counselor. But for the most part don't try anything without being sure that she won't lash out on you

• Mark
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Your story is hard to follow. You tell us she started at your school this year. Then   you tell us last term you were having a practice essay w/ the girl in your class.. Get your priory straight before you post a question in here.

• Papa-G
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Usually persons in that state have anger issues that they don't want others to know. Problem is that if they don't talk about it no one can properly help them. The only thing you could do is whenever you make eye contact give a little smile, not a big smile,At first she might think you're weird but by passing little smiles her way it may make her feel safe with you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Um she sounds pretty dangerous. I would stay far away from her.

• 1 month ago

Tell an adult or a policeman.

• MindSpam4 weeks agoReport

Yah, it's an authority figure. Did you like my 'no effort expended' answer?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.