I was made redundant, are they allowed to pay me redundancy 3 months later?

I was made redundant from my job on Sept 17th, my pay day is on the 25th of each month, I kept asking when I would get paid my redundancy pay and they just kept ignoring the question, on the 8th of this month (November) they have now told me I will get paid my redundancy pay on Nov 25th, that is more than 3 months later, I have had to increase my overdraft to pay my rent and stop any bank charges from going overdrawn. Is there any compensation or come back I can do for the stress and overdraft charges I am going to incur because my old work place has delayed. I found out they didn't process my redundancy with payroll till the start of November hence the delay but they have not told me that, I found out from an old work mate. Are they allowed to be so delayed in paying me? I live in the UK

• Tavy

They are allowed, there is no law about when you are paid as long as you are.

UK.

• Tavy

You can phone ACAS for advice.