Why do you think those of us who selfstudy are not eligible to get job in software developer Because those who have degree had enough money?

I am 31 AND Now I think I do MORE self-studying based on newest stuffs. Machine Learning, math (especially applied), designing compiler are the things I want to study after a decade of self-studying AND working as software developer..

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

You are contradicting yourself, you stated you are working as a software developer, so you were employed.

Those who have degree do not have enough money.  The cost of college degree is cost-prohibitive and detrimental to society.  It's once-and-done proposition.  You can't just keep going back to school to upgrade your skills every time you need like you could when an entire PhD program only cost $3,000.  Self-study is the way to go and the cost of college dictates it.  Ain't nobody ever going back to school to get an overpriced degree that provides very little return on the investment.

Most people who self-study end up with some big holes in their learning, but don't realize it.

• Big Mouth

It's the equivalent of "cramming".  You're trying to cram four-years worth of coursework into one year but that's mostly not effective.  Just ask any of your college professors whether cramming for a test is a good idea...

Because without that comp sci degree, they have no way of knowing you know zip about programming and/or computers.

You can do the same job...but its harder to believe you can because you didnt go through the same process as everyone else.  I know someone working at a high level with one of the biggest social media companies...all without a college degree.  

Now, he happens to know Linux like nobody's business, but thats how he got the job...because he could do the work and a degree at that point wasnt necessary.  

You'd need to create something cool and unique in order to get the attention of hiring managers for cool jobs.