How do I turn off Avast Antivirus. It will not let my updates to windows 10 download.?

That will not happen. WINDOWS got supreme control over the computer.  You can NOT stop legit updates from happening.  You can delay for a time but never stop it.  AA relies on Win10 just to function.

So, those so called Windows 10 updates are not LEGIT from Microsoft.  It is from a program that LOOKS like M$(but it ain't)  Your computer knows the difference.

Check to see if somehow the microsoft.com domain has gotten added to your black-list.  That would do it.

I once somehow got microsoft.com on my "spam" list and couldn't get e-mails from them.  Since I was an MS MVP at the time, it was kind of embarrassing.

that may be for a very good reason. you can right click the icon near the clock, choose avast shields control, and choose disable til restart, then do the downloads/install, and then restart

• Enigma

right click on the tray icon and disable all the shields

• Hey dude please report me thanks FU'CK FU'CK FU'CK IM AN AS'SWHOLE ASKJWDSKLDRAEIFNDKLJGRANLKJBFGA

In the protection tab (on the left), you can individually turn off you 4 core shields. However, I would suggestion caution in doing this as I can't see it being necessary.

Are you sure this download is safe?

You can use the task manager to end it or you can delete it. I recommend deleting it because I'm personally not a fan of avast. Your choice! I hope this helps!

avast is rubbish uninstall it and get eset internet security.

Just uninstall it. 

• yer fu'ckin right man youre so cool also please report me thank you have a nice day :)

• odd

There should be some place in Task Manager where you can find Processes and services. It should be there in a whole stack of stuff. You should have the option to Disable it.. otherwise locate and  Delete the program then re-download it after you do your updates. I assume you use the free version.

You'll need to remove it. Just click on the little gear symbol for Settings. Pick the link that says Apps and you'll see a list of them. Then, click on Avast and it'll give you the option to uninstall it.