How do I turn off Avast Antivirus. It will not let my updates to windows 10 download.?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

That will not happen. WINDOWS got supreme control over the computer.  You can NOT stop legit updates from happening.  You can delay for a time but never stop it.  AA relies on Win10 just to function.

So, those so called Windows 10 updates are not LEGIT from Microsoft.  It is from a program that LOOKS like M$(but it ain't)  Your computer knows the difference.

• 1 month ago

Check to see if somehow the microsoft.com domain has gotten added to your black-list.  That would do it.

I once somehow got microsoft.com on my "spam" list and couldn't get e-mails from them.  Since I was an MS MVP at the time, it was kind of embarrassing.

• 1 month ago

that may be for a very good reason. you can right click the icon near the clock, choose avast shields control, and choose disable til restart, then do the downloads/install, and then restart

• Enigma
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

right click on the tray icon and disable all the shields

• Hey dude please report me thanks FU'CK FU'CK FU'CK IM AN AS'SWHOLE ASKJWDSKLDRAEIFNDKLJGRANLKJBFGA

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

In the protection tab (on the left), you can individually turn off you 4 core shields. However, I would suggestion caution in doing this as I can't see it being necessary.

Are you sure this download is safe?

• 1 month ago

You can use the task manager to end it or you can delete it. I recommend deleting it because I'm personally not a fan of avast. Your choice! I hope this helps!

• 1 month ago

avast is rubbish uninstall it and get eset internet security.

• 1 month ago

Just uninstall it. 

• yer fu'ckin right man youre so cool also please report me thank you have a nice day :)

• odd
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There should be some place in Task Manager where you can find Processes and services. It should be there in a whole stack of stuff. You should have the option to Disable it.. otherwise locate and  Delete the program then re-download it after you do your updates. I assume you use the free version.

• 1 month ago

You'll need to remove it. Just click on the little gear symbol for Settings. Pick the link that says Apps and you'll see a list of them. Then, click on Avast and it'll give you the option to uninstall it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.