Milton asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 month ago

I found this poem in a book. What do you all think of it?

NOVEMBER

Now enter dark cold days, which is

November. But briefly.

And the Souls that trail behind?

Will shortly; they will discover the sun.

• Miss

I can't see anymore after "discover the sun" even though it says "show more."  I'm intrigued because I want to see that glimmer of hope for the souls that trail behind.  They shall tread wearily on paths already marked by others.  Sorry, I just love poetry so much.  :-)  Good job.  

I guess we just have to take your word for it. I see no reason that they

will discover the sun.

• Tina

It doesn't make sense, either grammatically or poetically.

• sparrow

I agree with Tina. Especially the "Will shortly; they will discover the sun" doesn't make sense.
      It would make more sense if it said "Well, shortly; they will discover the sun"

The trailing souls won't find the sun when they enter winter, a worse time than November's fall. It's darker with the grim reaper and his scythe serving to sever the last ties between the soul and the body, and to guide the deceased to the afterlife, without having any control over when or how the victim dies.

Well, it's pretty dark... I don't like it. Hey! You asked for my opinion..

You found it in a self-published book written by Milt Lemke Jr. And your screen name is "Milton." What a surprise.

i think it viciously

sucks