Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 4 weeks ago

Can you get IT jobs without a degree and just certifications?

If you have certifications from comapnies like CompTia ISC2 Cisco or Microsoft can you land a decent paying IT job with just those or do you need a bachelors degree?

Everybody struggles whether they have a degree, certifications or not.  You can do anything without a degree or certifications but you've gotta be REALLY good at it and you've gotta be able to prove you're as good as you say you are.  It takes focus, practice and experience.  Plenty of people have gone on living life without a degree in the past.

I wish I would've done the same.  Going to college was the biggest mistake I ever made and the only regret I have at this point.  It destroyed my life.  It was once my dream to get my PhD and go all the way but I'll never do it again.

I'll never consider any type of formal education or career training at this point because I know how worthless it is in the job market.  After college I've experienced the longest stretches of unemployment I've ever had since I began working.  People said I needed that degree to get anywhere in life but it's been more of a curse than a blessing and I would've been much better off without it.  I've cut all ties with the school at this point.  It's obviously run by the mafia, they're influencing the court system for their own benefit and I don't want to have anything to do with them or their continual crimes.

Education is just a money grab for someone else to make money at your detriment.

It depends on what kind of IT job you're looking for and what company you're applying to. There are some companies that require a degree, others require a degree+certs+experience, and others prefer experience and some certs and don't put too much emphasis on a degree.

If you have time, consider taking a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-YNANU4fOo

Youtube thumbnail

He goes over the pros and cons of going to college and just getting certs. Its a long video, but you don't have to watch the entire thing.

• Greg

Yes but at lower pay.