Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 8 months ago

Is it herpes?

I have these bumps near my anal area, they are not blisters or warts, just underlying bumps on the skin. It’s reoccurred every now and then from August. I showed the doctor, and he prescribed a herpes medicine called “valtrex” which I took & the symptoms went away within days. They sent a sample swab to the lab , but they never called me back with results which indicates that I tested negative. However it keeps coming back and I keep going back for the prescription because it helps. Is it herpes or not? They don’t looks like the white clustered blisters online, but does herpes show up differently in people? Help please  

Go to a different doctor they probably  that misdiagnosed you

I'd talk to a different doctor.

• You should call your doctor and ask them about your results. 

Herpes usually shows up as blisters or open paper cut like sores that itch, burn and or tingle. Some people that have herpes, can have milder break outs then others. If you're not taking valtrex regularly then you can get break outs. I've had herpes for about 10 years. I took valtrex with my initial break out, I haven't had a break out since but I do get symptoms when I'm stressed out.

Its sounds like a cyst. A cyst is basically a very large infected lump. I had one on my bum and I had to have it surgically removed at the hospital. It can't be herpes because your medication isn't working. A medication to get rid of a cyst would be an antibiotic such as Doxycycline.

No way to even guess without seeing them, and looking at the actual nucleic acid viral test, don’t know what they actually tested for

Sounds like u have rectal cancer