Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingInjuries · 1 month ago

If i have an injury will my child be born with my deficiency?

so like if I hurt myself and lose my arm then does my child have a higher chance of being born with no arm?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No, of course not. 

But the far greater concern is that the child may be born with your lack of brains.

• 1 month ago

An injury like losing your arm, is not going to cause your baby to be born without an arm. Your baby should be fine, if you take care of yourself and keep up with prenatal care with your Dr. Stop getting yourself worked up over something so silly.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No .. your child won't be born with a missing arm, if you suffered an injury that caused you to lose your arm. Your missing arm wasn't caused by a genetic condition that your child might inherit - your missing arm was caused by an accident. If you hadn't had the accident, you wouldn't be missing an arm.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

genetics (and evolution) don't work that way.  At one time, MANY years ago, people believed that.  If it was true, Jewish and Islamic men would be born w/o foreskins. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I don't see the correlation.

• 1 month ago

Absolutely not. Can't happen.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes that is how it works unfortunately.

• 1 month ago

no that makes no sense

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

OMG, you are 200 years behind the times. NO!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.