HI everyone want to study abroad?

hi am an albanian girl in 2nd grade of high school and i want to study aboad for one year to my aunt  who lives in texas but i cant seem to find a way or a company that can do that in here i talk fluentely   but i need help any advice or place pretty please thank you for answering if you do 

7 Answers

  • 2 weeks ago

    Hey, Grasiela, It would be great that you want to study abroad for one year to your aunt living in Texas. You should consult the expert because it's all about your career. 

  • 1 month ago

    If you join a student exchange organisation, you don't get to pick the school / location (ie you can't just go and live with your aunt)

    See if your school is in any such organisations; and if so, what your options are.

  • 1 month ago

    To qualify for & obtain a student visa, you must go through an internationally recognized foreign exchange student program. That program, if you are accepted, will assign you to a participating school district & a volunteer host family who lives in that school district. Examples of internationally known & respected foreign exchange student programs for high schools include Rotary International and AFS (afs.org, formerly known as American Field Service).

    Otherwise, you cannot attend school without paying out-of-district tuition (which can run USD13,000-15,000 for a school year). Expect problems getting a student visa if you plan to live with your relative. In fact, having a relative in the US constitutes "ties" to US which can be grounds for denial of any type of visa. You also need private health insurance, which can be very expensive. With the foreign exchange student organizations, either group health plan is included in the program, or it's far lower cost as a group plan.

  • 1 month ago

    Your problem is that a tourist visa only allows you to stay 90 days and you need to be able to stay longer than that.  Schools can provide the paperwork that allows you to have a student visa but whether your aunt's local taxpayer funded school would be prepared to do that is something she will need to ask them.  You will need to pay tuition fees.  There may also be a private school nearby and those will be familiar with the process of issuing you with a Form I-20 or DS-2019.  Again you will need to pay fees.

    Your other alternative is to come over on a tourist visa and overstay.  Aunt's local taxpayer funded school is required to allow you to attend but this will prevent you getting US tourist visas in future so not a great plan.

    There is no need to go through an agency if your aunt is prepared to research this for you so that will save you a lot of money

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    If you can get a visa to come live with your aunt for a year, you can legally attend a USA public school. Even illegal alien kids are required by law to attend school, they can't be turned away. Surely your aunt in Texas would be aware of this.

  • 1 month ago

    You can probably do that if you pay to attend a private school. Going to a public high school would be difficult unless you are a legal resident of the US.

    Get your aunt to find out what private high schools are close to where she lives.

  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You won’t be about to come over and stay with your aunt and attend a public school near her.   Getting a visa would be an issue. 

    Organizations like AFS and Rotary club are legitimate.  They will find a host family and high school for you. You other option is a private boarding school near your aunt. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.