Ste Smith asked in SportsGolf · 1 month ago

Is 26 too old old for golf lessons ?

So I’m 26 and for a few years I’ve been saying to myself I’d love to try playing golf. Is 26 too old to play or even take lessons? I’m not looking at trying to become a pro just playing for fun. 

you are never too old when you are learning something for fun.   Maybe too old if you want to be a PGA Tour player but not for a weekend golfer.  

When I took a golf clubfitting class, I was 33 years old.    This club fitting class is for people who want to be a self employed clubfitter and who want to learn how to use fitting tools such as bending machine, frequency analyzer, launch monitor, Pureing machine.   My classmates were people in their 50s!!!  There were only 2 people who were in the 30s at the time.   And most of the time were working at a golf course as a teaching pro, golf club manager, proshop manager, etc.  So this is a serious learning event for people who work in the industry and they were pretty old compared to you. 

no people golf untl theyre in their 60's 

• Lôn

There are a couple in our club who are over 80.

• Of course not. People take the game up at 20, 30, 40 or older. Take the lessons and hopefully you'll love it. Best of luck.

• David

86 isn't too old for golf lessons, go have fun!

• Lôn

No...I was much older when I took up golf.

No, you're never too old for golf lessons.

• Sky

Go to any golf course and you'll see just how many players are around retirement age.  Golf is a sport that anyone of any age can play.  The oldest golfer I knew of (many years ago) was 96 years old, and he still walked the course instead of riding a golf cart!  In no way is 26 "too old" to golf or start taking lessons.  My dad started golfing in his mid 30s and loved it well into his 70s.  Go for it!

If you still have breath in your body then you're never too old to get better at something! Go for it!

Never too old to learn

Not at all........