What legal right do I have to discharge my baby from the NICU. I d provide more details but yahoo answers strictly limits my character coun?

Actually Y!A allows you to write a full question, just limits your title characters.  So once you figure that out, get back to us.  Because as it stands, you're asking how to take your baby home AMA, meaning you want to provide medical care for a severely compromised newborn even though you can't even figure out how to post on an internet question board.  So my answer is "You don't, you aren't capable of providing the care needed."

As a parent, you have no capability to "discharge" your baby from intensive care. If you're hoping to remove your baby from care, it's in your best interest to come up with a plan that involves everyone on the multidisciplinary team.

If your requests are reasonable, there's a good a good chance you'll be accommodated. If they're not, and you decide to act anyway, there's a good chance you'll be charged with abuse or neglect and have the child removed from your custody.