Can the old coins issued in Czechoslovakia be used in the current Czech Republic?

I know that in a country that has integrated into the EURO, old coins cannot be used....

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Theyre no longer legal tender, but you could probably sell them to a collector for at least face value. Theres always someone interested in out of circulation coinage, as long as itd in good conditiin

• Tomohiro1 month agoReport

But, it's probably not as valuable as the Washington quarter(1954) I have.

• 1 month ago

I think you can go to the bank and exchange it for euros

• 1 month ago

I did some quick research and it seems that these are all essentially worthless.  There are exchange sites for the bills, but even then the value of the postage to mail them in would certainly exceed what you're getting in turn.

• Tomohiro1 month agoReport

I know that copper and nickel coins are hardly worth the collection. Then,I want to exchange if it was possible to exchange for legal currency at the local bank....

• 1 month ago

I doubt that very much!  If it's been taken out of circulation then you cannot use it

(you can always look online or ask in a Bank)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

any form of money can be used anywhere

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.