Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Why windows 7 and XP are the best system?

I work for a bank

the computers are under 7 and XP

why no upgrade to 8.1 or 10 ?

most companies

keep xp and 7

• John

I've owned and used every windows version since before they numbered them. And every DOS version.

Windows 10 has become for me the best windows version of all.

• 1 month agoReport

Microsoft Troll detected.

Where I work, we have a machine that does ultrasonic welding.  That computer, is still operating on Windows XP.  The reason why, is that no software for that machine will work on win crap 10.

I agree, Windows XP was ahead of its time, and Windows 7 took it even further, and in my opinion, is what every GUI based operating system should be.

I would have preferred DOS 7, 8, 9, and so on and so forth, but I guess people need pictures in order to use a computer.

Back in my day, we only had DOS 6 and then upgraded to DOS 6.22.  When Windows 95 came out, and I installed it, saw how screwed up it was, I uninstalled it, went back to DOS 6.22.  When I found out games compatibility for DOS 6.22 was ending, I was forced to move to wincrash 95.  Windows 98SE wasn't too bad of an OS, and you could still access DOS.

only god has the answers to these questions.

Source(s): the bible

It's much easier. One that anyone can use

A great many companies use software that was tailored to Windows xp and or Windows 7 and most likely paid a lot of money for it

Chances are most of the tailored productivity software created for Windows xp is probably incompatible with the newer versions of Windows..

It's not because they are the best it's because they can't afford the move!

• 1 month agoReport

WINE is pretty good with such software and Micro$hit charges a heavy fee for commercial use of their software. GNU/Linux is free as in beer, no reason to keep using Micro$hit.

I never said old means bad. I think old can be good, but not in every aspect. A far as I am concerned you can listen to whoever you want. Please don't put your words in my mouth folks.

I think there are companies that use older systems because the software that they might want, or need to use is compatible with the older system.

Anyway Microsoft XP, and 7 are not the best operating systems. I would describe those two operating systems as being old.

I use the latest versions of Microsoft Windows. I also use other operating systems as well.

• twiigss4 weeks agoReport

Old doesn't mean bad.  XP was ahead of its time, and Windows 7, in my opinion, is what every great operating system should be.  If microscrap wants to continue to alienate its customers of over 30+ years, that's their own stupidity.

XP is obsolete,, good luck with that.

MS will quit support for Win 7 next year and go the way of XP.

Win 10 is awful good and it will be around a while.

My Win mobile works great, but 20 years old not much I can do with it.

• 1 month agoReport

"Win 10 is awful " I agree... Micro$hit sucks.

Companies can be slow to upgrade because of the costs of doing so. Before XP, it was something like Windows 3.1 where XP had a better GUI and more bells and whistles. After that, MS attempted to go in a new direction with Windows Vista that wasn't as good as XP, but they worked out the kinks and renamed it Windows 7, which was XP on steroids. Windows 7 was fantastic. MS, once again took a new path, attempting to make an OS for touchscreens with Windows 8, again it was horrible because they made the touch screen gui up front when most people just wanted their old desktop, which was hidden and difficult to find. MS reversed this in Windows 8.1 where the desktop was front and center and who cared where the touch screen gui was hidden. Finally MS took us back towards Windows 7 with Windows 10 that had some improvements over Windows 7, but lost my favorite Media Center in the process.

• Dick

They aren't !!! They are both essentially dinosaurs ... still using them is kind of like driving a horse and buggy on the freeway !!!

• Nuff Sed

Or a '51 Chevy pickup. It may still run, and it's easy to work on, but it's not fast and there are better things out there that do the same work with less maintenance expense.

Windows 10 is because it surpasses Mac OS X