mike asked in Education & ReferenceTrivia · 1 month ago

If fire and electricity were discovered not invented, does that mean rope was invented?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

Yes, of course. When was the last time you saw natural rope growing anywhere?

• 4 weeks ago

Why don't I hang you and we can find out?

Source(s): Hell. Tell the demons in hell what you've discovered.
  • 1 month ago

Fire was discovered. Electricity was discovered, but then new ways of utilizing it were invented. Does it matter? What's the point?

• 1 month ago

"does that mean" - no. no cause and effect as you present things; but yes, rope was invented.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No.

Rope is a manufactured item, one that (from the typical human perspective) does not exist in nature.

Fire and electricity exist in nature. Man has learned how to produce them (at will, so to speak), but they are still natural phenomena - for example, the natural RESULT of striking a match, the natural RESULT of applying a spark to butane, etc.

• 1 month ago

Man discovered vines twisting around each other and use that for the first rope. He probably added other vines to strengthen it. At some point he just took material and wove the rope himself. It slowly evolved. I doubt that one man invented it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Rope was discovered when early man came across the rope bush. Later varieties were found producing the polypropylene and polyethylene ropes used today.

• 1 month ago

have you ever seen vines twisting around each other? I have

• 1 month ago

Yes.  Fire and electricity (and oxygen and quinine and lemurs and the planet Mars) were discovered, not invented, because they already existed in the natural world.  Rope doesn't.  Someone had to MAKE the first rope, so it's an invention, not a discovery.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.