Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 8 months ago

How would you punish a student for wearing a confederate hoodie to class?

Favorite Answer

I'd enslave him and make him work in the sugar cane fields until he died of exhaustion. And that's just for starters.

• Lauraine8 months agoReport

What if the same was done to you just because of something you wore that somebody else didn't like? 

I’m would take her s hat off and put it on self and I would get him another hat because that is the only hat he can afford they sale them cheap.

Punishing him harshly will just reinforce his beliefs and make you look like a typical flaming liberal. 

I wouldn't punish him because he would have to deal with other people giving him threats. I would ask him WHY he is wearing it. If nobody did I would explain to him that that is a controversial flag to a lot of people and find it a symbol of racism but on the flip side I would explain to other people that the confederate flag is also a symbol of southern pride that is misused to some degree. 

I would do the same thing if somebody wore a communist hoodie to class and people had the same reaction.

I would not. Freedom of speech. The exception is if ALL hoodies are not allowed / banned.

seems like freedom of expression to me, so i'd not do so. I'd also not defend him from other students

Make him write an essay on how Sherman kicked the South's butt during his march to the sea.  Continue in the same vein each day.

Obviously no punishment as the student definitely needs to be in school and try to get at least minimally educated - but I fear it is too late

The entire school will start a cult.

the student is obviously seeking attention, don't pay attention to it.