Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 1 month ago

Getting Disabled Child Back On Schedule...?

Ok fellow parents, I have an 11 year old with lead poisoning which is very similar to autism. I had him on a strict sleep schedule up until 2017. I went to a concert (for once in my life) and his grandma completely screwed it up by letting him stay up just that one time. Since then, he has been sleeping in my bed. He understands he has a room and a bed but he isn’t adhering to it. Any suggestions?

• Suzy Q

If grandma let him stay up that one time, and you let him sleep in your bed those 730 times, excuse me, but WHO screwed up? 

• Byrd

One time?? Do I smell a troll?

• Jackie T1 month agoReport

Apparently only few people who responded can read. Either that or you don’t comprehend very well when a question is asked. Which one is it?

it may help for you to see a child behavioral specialist-- it seems like you may have some difficulties raising a disabled child, so maybe talking to a professional about it would help you more than asking a bunch of people on yahoo answers

• Jackie T1 month agoReport

I actually have no problem raising my child. I’ve been doing it on my own for 11 years, not that I have to explain that to anybody. I simply asked for suggestions on how to establish a sleep pattern with him again. Don’t just to assumptions about my parenting skills.

maybe you can reward him if he sleeps in his own room

Hmm, this happened 2 years ago and you still haven't figured out how to fix the problem....

just tell him he needs to sleep in his own bed