Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsDrawing & Illustration · 1 month ago

Rate this drawing and tell me if I have a chance of getting into art school? Sorry?

I'm 10 years old and for some reason i'm already stressed about getting into college for art. I understand that you also need to annotate your art but i'm not sure if it also depends on your drawing skills. I drew this and I still have so much time to improve. Sorry, I know I sound really stupid and I've probably got a lot of things wrong in this. Troll me all you like. Thanks !

• Cogito

Possibly, but i have no idea what it's meant to be.

I'd say a 9/10!

Possibly, but cartooning is only one aspect of drawing. An art school is going to want to see how you handle realism or life drawing, as well as other forms of visual art.

You're WAY ahead of yourself, at only 10. Keep drawing, you'll find your style shifts and changes over the years.

No art school is going to base its decision on a single drawing. And certainly not one that was done by a 10 year old.

You have plenty of time to develop your artistic ability and sensibilities. When you next start a drawing, start by thinking about why you are drawing that subject, how you want your marks to develop, how you would tell someone what and why you were doing what you are doing.

• j153e

You're intelligent, good verbal skills, so you might consider your prospects are good to excellent.  Maybe develop some drawings with annotations or words telling a story.  They could be part of your portfolio.

Related:

Creation:  Artistic and Spiritual by Omraam Aivanhov;

Worthless:  The Young Person's Indispensable Guide to Choosing the Right Major;

101 Things All Young Adults Should Know;

http://roerich.org

I'd like to see more but yes, you have some talent. More than I ever had.

If that's the best you can do, at this point the answer is "probably not", but you haven't provided an adequate sample. 

Sorry, but Yahoo rules prohibit anyone under age 12 from using the forum without adult supervision. Question reported. 

I'm no "expert," but you seem to be showing some talent there. It looks to be mature and confident, fit for someone much older. Stay with it!