Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsDrawing & Illustration · 1 month ago

Rate this drawing and tell me if I have a chance of getting into art school? Sorry?

I'm 10 years old and for some reason i'm already stressed about getting into college for art. I understand that you also need to annotate your art but i'm not sure if it also depends on your drawing skills. I drew this and I still have so much time to improve. Sorry, I know I sound really stupid and I've probably got a lot of things wrong in this. Troll me all you like. Thanks !

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best answer

Possibly, but i have no idea what it's meant to be.

• 1 month ago

I'd say a 9/10!

• 1 month ago

Possibly, but cartooning is only one aspect of drawing. An art school is going to want to see how you handle realism or life drawing, as well as other forms of visual art.

• 1 month ago

You're WAY ahead of yourself, at only 10. Keep drawing, you'll find your style shifts and changes over the years.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No art school is going to base its decision on a single drawing. And certainly not one that was done by a 10 year old.

You have plenty of time to develop your artistic ability and sensibilities. When you next start a drawing, start by thinking about why you are drawing that subject, how you want your marks to develop, how you would tell someone what and why you were doing what you are doing.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You're intelligent, good verbal skills, so you might consider your prospects are good to excellent.  Maybe develop some drawings with annotations or words telling a story.  They could be part of your portfolio.

Related:

Creation:  Artistic and Spiritual by Omraam Aivanhov;

Worthless:  The Young Person's Indispensable Guide to Choosing the Right Major;

101 Things All Young Adults Should Know;

http://roerich.org

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'd like to see more but yes, you have some talent. More than I ever had.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If that's the best you can do, at this point the answer is "probably not", but you haven't provided an adequate sample. 

Sorry, but Yahoo rules prohibit anyone under age 12 from using the forum without adult supervision. Question reported. 

• 1 month ago

I'm no "expert," but you seem to be showing some talent there. It looks to be mature and confident, fit for someone much older. Stay with it! 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.