Can I order takeout or delivery from and out of state and have the restaurant send it via FedEx, UPS, etc.?

I should be able to.  I really miss the calzones from a place near my university and can't quite find anything as good* locally.  I think I can place an order for delivery, and arrange to have a box, some dry ice, and the packaging material delivered to the restaurant.  I would tip very, very generously and pay for shipping (obviously), but I'm not sure how to execute the shipping.

*Funny side note: the calzones aren't that good compared to the ideal of what a calzone could be, but they were the first I had and I'm hooked.  To me, calzones will always be a ricotta and sausage gravy inside a crispy Parmesan-scented dough shell, lightly drizzled with tomato sauce.Back to serious matters.  My other thought is that it would take 3 days from oven to doorstep, but that degree of expedience is expensive, so I'd need to order like five or six calzones to make it worth it.  They'd also get soggy in transit, but a few minutes under the broiler should crisp them up.I think this is doable.  I'm excited.  Any serious input regarding the shipping process would be greatly appreciated.Thank you, friends.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

you are asking the wrong people.

its perfectly legal to do that but you need to ask the restaurant people if they are willing to do it.

• 1 year ago

Why don't you ask them? Even if they did, it would likely not be packed well and for sure would not be of the same quality.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.