Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 1 month ago

Why does no one feel sorry for me?

I grew up in foster care since turning 13 and no one gives a ****. I get treated like any other person. Why?! Foster care ruins your life.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You are just like any other person. You put your pants on one leg at the time just like the rest of the population.

We all have diverse life experiences, and many of them aren't that great. But why are you dwelling on the past. Live RIGHT NOW. Right now is the place to be.

Live with presence. Find personal contentment. Learn something about gratitude.

I could tell you my father was a monster, pounded my head against walls and the floor. He was always drunk. So what?

• 1 month ago

Children go to foster care because their original homes are unsafe for them.

How would you like to be treated?

Source(s): Adoptee and Adoptive Mom.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your feelings are irrelevant to others💩

• 1 month ago

Theres so much more hurt in the world than foster care, trust me. And why? Do you want attention? More people grow up in foster care than you think

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Isn't getting treated like any other person a good thing? Whaddaya want?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Many including myself grew up in touch situations. Yes, it is sad when someone has a tough childhood.

• 1 month ago

I think most people do genuinely feel sympathy for your situation, but people do eventually tire of people who complain a lot, or are perpetually negative. Almost everyone has had to deal with very difficult times in their lives. It is not a competition, of course, but others are probably suffering in their own way and dont see the reason to deem your problems special.

No matter your circumstances, only you control your happiness. The younger you figure it out, the better off your life will be.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

that which does not kill, makes you stronger. stop feeling sorry for yourself. set goals and work hard to achieve them. there are quadraplegics, children with cancer, starving, homeless people, physically and sexually abused people out there. all worse off than you. stop going to your own pity party and make something of yourself!

• 1 month ago

Without foster care you would be in a children's home. Which would you prefer? At your age everything is a problem due to unsettled hormones. Get a grip and deal with life. It only gets harder when you are an adult.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.