(Read the details) - Is there a TV series with characters who teleport through time or attack with energy waves from their hands?

So in my country several years ago one TV series that was on the air was a sci-fi TV series with time travel as a central theme. The main characters have a biological superpower that allows them to teleport through time and different places, and some of them also have the ability to attack by extending their hand forward producing (editor effect) waves or ripples in the air of what appears to be transparent energy or something of the sort that seemingly drain the energy or life of the victim. Some of the battles involved depicted two characters standing in front of each other with their hands extended toward the other (Imagine a Jedi force choke or the sort), and essentially attempting to overthrow the other from their power or focus in the confrontation, allowing the one doing so to finish off the other, causing the other to become unconscious or even dead. Wounds and bleeding results from this as well. This was a brilliant TV series. I had trouble believing these ideas were original, that such stories originated in this TV series in my country specifically, so I thought to myself to search up information about it but no info came up online about it being based on some already existing intellectual property be it a book, comic, TV, film etc. It doesn't seem to be directly based on anything. So my question is, is there a TV series, or film, or game, comic, book etc. that features characters with such powers, that might have been the basis for this TV show, or just in general?

Not familiar with that particular show, but time travel is a popular theme for TV shows.  When I was a kid, Time Tunnel (produced by Irwin Allen, who later did The Poseidon Adventure and Towering Inferno) was pretty good.  Then there was Quantum Leap, Dr. Who, and Voyagers.  There are a lot of others...both Twilight Zone and Outer Limits had episodes about time travel...but those are the 4 that spring to my mind.  Well, if you want to get silly about the subject, there's also the show It's About Time from the 60's and the Disney Channel show Phil of the Future from the 90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75V4ClJZME4

Youtube thumbnail

They came and went here, most were prequels to the Marvel or DC universe. Some never even made it through 6 months.

It doesn't sound familiar. There were a couple of scenes in "Continuum" that possibly looked like this, but it wasn't a superpower, there were future-weapons that had sonic ability or could be invisible (only couple characters had them, no one else knew they were time travelers).

• Marli

Did you ask under the sub-category "Television" in "Entertainment and Music"?

"The Time Tunnel" was a favourite of mine back in my childhood. Most of my classmates followed it too. (The Titanic episode was my favourite) Neither Tony nor Doug attacked with energy waves. They were two ordinary men.

The Time Tunnel was an American color science-fiction TV series, written around a theme of time travel adventure. The show was inspired by the 1964 movie The Time Travelers. The show ran for one season of 30 episodes.

• Alexander2 months agoReport

Not relevant at all to the specifics of what I asked about, you didn't even bother to read the details. Downvoted, reported.

Why don't you ask someone from your country?

• Alexander2 months agoReport

They wouldn't know what the source material could possibly be. That's why I need the help of an American/Brit/other to figure out wether they're familiar with something that seems like it could have been the inspiration for this sort of television show.