Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSnooker & Pool · 8 months ago

Do you have a pool table?

• Lee
    Favorite Answer

Used to. Slate bed too... miss that pool table.

I used to. If it's not Slate 2" or more it will be very noisy. One thing about playing pool is the feel of everything, from the ball rolling to the way it bounces off the bumpers to the way it rolls down the rails (You DON'T want pockets-you want Automatic return!). Everything should feel & sound solid & smooth as silk, & they cost a fortune. Try getting a used, regulation size table from a billiard parlor going out of biz if you're lucky. A friend got a $15,000 Brunswick from a Parlor for 4 grand, put a new cover on it & it's AWESOME! Sure, there's visual things-you wouldn't want to put it in a very nice room-but it plays like new, which I'd take for the same price over a brand new lesser quality table. It's 4" thick slate! 

You'll either love it or become bored within a month, so make sure you play often at a billiard parlor before you ever buy one. Otherwise it'll become just another table people will put all kinds of things on. And MOST people become bored. 

Good Luck!

• boxtrn3 months agoReport

P.S. If you meant a swimming pool & think my name is "Table," disregard everything I wrote. . . 

No but its nice addition if you have a arcade room or the garage set up nice .

Not anymore. I used to have one but sold it years ago.

• Lôn

No, a snooker table.

• Brian

Not any more.  I downsized to a smaller place, and that one thing I could not bring.

Why would I need a table filled with water?