If I blow my nose on toilet paper, is it more environmentally friendly to flush it down the toilet or to throw it in the trash?

Drop it in the toilet so germs aren't spread, could always leave the toilet to be flushed next time you use it to save water.

I could not care less. I do both without thinking.

In this household we use toilet paper made from recycled paper.

Probably more environmentally effective is you make an appointment to resolve your sinus problem...you're wasting precious trees / wood by standing here and waiting for the Holy Grail to resolve your problem

Throw it in the toilet but don't flush.

Neither. With all respect, just hand it to the person next to you for a souvenir.

• Gian4 weeks agoReport

Bravo. Someone showing some old-fashioned charity. 

if youre near a toilet throw it in the toilet, if not in the trash

• oikoσ

If you are going to flush the toilet anyway, drop the TP in the toilet. Otherwise, treat it like a piece of facial tissue and drop it in the trash.

• ioerr

it makes no difference but if it makes you feel better then just go ahead and eat it