what should be done about transgenders in sports? ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

We should only allow people who started transitioning at an early age (12 years old) compete. It's not really fear if you started to transition after puberty. Men and women have very different builds when it comes to their bodies. Males are typically larger and stronger than females.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Well they sure as hell shouldn't be stealing from women's sports. Rachel McKinnon is an absolute disgrace. They can either compete with MEN or make their own trans category.

• 3 weeks ago

They should compete against each other. Like the Special Olympics. Or sled hockey.

• 3 weeks ago

Nothing because there isn't a reason to. Trans people have been in sports for a long time, and now all of a sudden we should do something about it? Puh-lease

• Chrissy
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Trans women have about the same estrogen levels as cis women. They're not larger or stronger because estrogen reduces muscle mass and strength

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Nothing needs to be done as there is no problem that exists.

The International Olympic Committee studied this issue for years before announcing in early 2004 that transgender athletes could compete. Since then there have been 8 Olympic Games. Guess how many medal have been won by transgender athletes? The answer would be ZERO. In fact, not a single transgender person has even qualified for the Games. So, as I said, this is a non-issue.

Transgender people have been medically transitioning for about 75 years. In all that time I can only name 4 trans people that have won any kind of professional championship. That hardly qualifies as being a problem.

Last, the science is clear on this matter. After decades of testing and monitoring they've found that transgender athletes have no advantage over other athletes. None. I should also note, that in order to compete under the Olympic guidelines, that transgender athletes are required to regularly have their hormone levels checked.

Transgender athletes are already competing in professional sports and it has not been an issue.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.