When christers talk ecstaticly about having a "relationship" with Jesus Christ, don't they understand he's been dead for 20 centuries?

• Favorite Answer

Yeah I'm not sure why someone would want to have a relationship with a random executed 1st century preacher. Maybe I'll try to have a relationship with Olympe De Gouges.

• Paul

I guess you missed the part where He rose from the dead, never to die again.

No, he's been alive and immortal for about 20 centuries. Think again, pard. Every year millions experience God for themselves. You should, too. It's the logical thing to do. Don't bother moving the goalposts. It's more evidence than atheists have to shore up their pretense that there is no God.

But people don't have close personal relationships with Jesus Christ. There always has to be some distance between him and us until we have become perfect.

Not according to Revelation 1:18.

• sarah

He gave a perfect human body to buy back for us what Adam lost. Many of the spirit persons wanted to live on earth. He gave that up and went back into the spirit world. But he is still alive in the spirit world. and he gives us information about the future. www.jw.org

• misty

The deluded ones don't know any better because they are deluded.

Actually they found his body alive.

Science, History, Grammar, Math, Athletics, Religion, Art, Sociality, and Life prove the existence of Jesus Christ.

Dead to you, but not to those born again.

• Michael2 months agoReport

A fantasy world of delusions. Disneyland for Desperates.

Time is precious and time waits for no one which is why more people need to be serious about having a close relationship with God while they are still living and they could simply start it today simply by making the best decision of their life right now and begin praying to God everyday for his help in every decision of their life everyday and in every situation of their life everyday for I guarantee if they do this everyday then their life will get better, they will have more peace, they will be more successful, they will have more happiness, and all their dreams will come true that’s because when they pray to God then God will make all good things possible for them and they must not forget to read the “Holy Bible” everyday and a great place for them to start in the holy Bible is (Psalms 1) and everyday after that read a chapter in Psalms till they finish all the chapters in Psalms then after that start on (Proverbs 1) then everyday after that read a chapter in Proverbs till they finish all the chapters in Proverbs and after that read every chapter of the Holy Bible until they finish it for it will change their life in the most amazing way

• Michael2 months agoReport

I have read the bible in its entirety many, many times. Still not convinced. Good read, though. Fantastic literature.

Michael, can you answer a question for me? Why do you have me blocked? I genuinely do not remember.

-Corvus Blackthorne