A couple times a week every few months I get these spasms in my right arm, slurred speech, and trouble swallowing. What’s wrong with me? ?

I will begin by suggesting you speak with a doctor as soon as possible. Slurred speech generally indicates a neurological problem, especially if it something that happens regularly.

I am not a doctor, but your symptoms immediately stand out as some sort of seizures, or strokes (possibly mini-strokes). While they usually do not cause permanent damage, they certainly can. If they hit at the wrong time (say, while driving, riding a bike, or out somewhere alone), they can be dangerous. Usually, medications would be used to treat this and prevent them from happening, or at least dramatically decrease how often and how likely they are to happen.

Regardless, please reach out to your doctor and set up an appointment immediately if you have not already. Be prepared to go through some lab tests (MRI / CT Scans on your brain, possibly a brain activity monitor) so that your doctor is able to better understand what is happening, or diagnose it. It's usually more complex to diagnose these issues when it is not actively happening, but process of elimination usually comes in handy with these diagnoses.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck in learning what is happening!

• Linda

You might have a neurological problem. The slurred speech sounds serious. See your doctor for a complete physical and tell them all of your symptoms.

You should go see a doctor if you have any possible seizure activities or etc.

See a doctor immediately. You likely have the early stages of ALS. There is no cure for this disease but treatments can possibly slow its progression.

If this is a serious question, see a doctor immediately. That sounds like a series of strokes.

You should definitely go see a doctor asap

I hope you don't have strokes. You need to see a doctor ASAP.