Are cars getting too much technology nowadays?

like they say the more complex it is, the more expensive and harder it will be to fix.

Like now most cars have an electronic parking brake or e brake with a press ofa button instead of a clutch or a hand brake. More maintenance on that.

Then you have tire pressure monitors all around the car. You obviously have the screen witha backup camera, sometimes nav etc..

Yes I think so. Tire pressure sensor? Seriously people? And people just blindly trust it to. And then the come on here and ask questions like "my tire pressure sensor warning is going off but the tire looks fine?"

Get a f1cking guage and check it people!!!

Source(s): nothing
  • Yes..i have my 95 camry and i love it..so much space to work on it and no electrical bs lol

• don r

...........I won't argue with you.

• zipper

I feel they are, and it takes a lot of the fun out of driving around!

• F

I think so, but it is generally reliable. Until the 80s when electronic ignition became standard, you knew you'd have problems starting if it was a bit wet out side. Same with fuel injection, no tweaking of carbs to get it running right. However agree with electric parking brake and tyre pressure sensors, unnecessary especially as both are MOT items.

Each to one's own. Personally I don't like electronic parking brakes, preferring a simple mechanical handbrake which is basic, reliable and straightforward to use, with no electronics to go wrong. On the other hand, I appreciate fuel injection, power steering and servo brakes. I drive a manual, because I prefer to be in control, but if I wind up having to drive in much more traffic than is currently the case I'd seriously consider an automatic

As I say, we all have our own views and preferences.

My brother, whose favorite response is: "I don't need no stinking navigation system" (or backup camera, or just about anything modern cars have) just bought a brand new Toyota Tacoma, and he dearly LOVES the nav, the camera, and ALL the safety features it has.

Dropped his old flip phone and broke it, now he has a new smart phone, and wont admit it, but he loves it. Welcome to the 21st century bro'.

I am sure that people said that when electric starters were becoming common. And turn signals.....just another thing to go wrong

sounds like they are

"Cars are becoming more advanced with the latest technologies" is what you meant.

The only downsides are the repair cost and locations of charging stations. Of course, you can charge at home.

I wouldn't want to transition, yet. Only time will tell.