is it possible to still buy old music groups on cd?

i have a bit of a cd collection but not a massive one and i want to start rebuilding my cd collection up again of music groups and bands of the 60's 70's and 80's...bands like def leppard, the beatles, sweet, blue oyster cult, reo speedwagon, boston, del shannon, bobby vinton, and many more.....if i looked, could i still get albums of those artists on cd album?

my fear was,  am i in an age where they are phasing cds out now?  if so what would i do? how could i enjoy my hobbie of collecting and listening to cds when i'm in bed at night?

or are there still plenty of cds around to be bought and collected?

Yes, absolutely.

Amazon, discogs, ebay...

Amazon sellers list a lot of secondhand CDs at 1p plus postage!

• Tony B

In the UK yes there are lots of places selling CDs. I usually buy from the artist's website or if I see them perform, in person but I sometimes browse in HMV stores.

I mainly have a friend of mine to burn me cds from his computer he downloads them onto his computer and than burns them for me free of charge too

Ever heard of eBay?

Yes they can still be found online. Not sure about stores selling them because some of the chains that sold music have closed (e.g. Tower Records).

There are still record stores that carry music on CD and even on vinyl. Your selection will be limited to new releases at the superstores (and an occasional re-release of an older CD.) But there are music stores in most major cities which do carry older CDs and vinyl. Go on line and google for a record store in your area.