Inputs on Child swearing?

So i am doing an assignment for school, and would like everyone's input on child swearing

questions

1. What is your input on child swearing?

2. What is your way of teaching your kid from/ or how you were taught as a kid, not to swear?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

1. i think children swearing is ok as long as it is used appropiately, so only for a joke when they are at home but never in public and never to be mean. I think younger children would be too immature to do this but older ones as long as they are mature i think its ok. 2. I was bassically allowed to.

• 3 weeks ago

Kids learn by following example, thus not swearing in front of the child is key. And that would be all fine and good if the child never left home, but they are also influenced by others when they leave home, like at school from other classmates. So the child needs to understand that swearing is unacceptable at home (punishing every instance) which will help deter the child of habitually cussing.

• 3 weeks ago

Those are good inputs, but curiosity. What is everyone's role in how to teach your kid about swearing. Like if a simple "Don't say that word" To your child don't work, and it becomes more of a usage in bad manner ways, how would you go about teaching your child, going about your child when it comes to that word. Like, spanking, grounding, taking away their toys or anything that will trigger their thought.

• Glen W
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

If a young child is using curse words, then he or she is hearing them at home. Could be parents, grandparents, siblings, cousins, etc. An older child will learn all these words from friends at school as well as movies he or she shouldn't be watching.

We rarely use bad words around our kids. If we do, its usually under the breath, not in typical conversation.

So no, kids shouldn't swearing, but they may hear it at home and say inappropriate things sometimes.

Source(s): Married with two kids, 9 and 6.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

It starts with the parents. When they don't swear, the kids use that as a role model. They will pick up the words from other kids, but they are less likely to use them around their parents because the parents don't swear.

Which is to say, when you admonish, "Junior, we don't use that word around here," he knows that to be true because you don't use that word.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.