Can someone refer me to a trusted electronic repair service that can repair my original PS4’s hdmi port for under $100?

I tried my local repair shop that repairs, phones, tv’s and tablets but I called and he gave me an estimate of $149 to replace the hdmi port on the back of my PS4 which is insane since that’s how much my used PS4 is worth. 

I hate that I lent it to my nephew and he ended up mangling it, giving it back to me and not telling me he broke it or saying sorry

• P

Unfortunately it's a really annoying repair and that's reasonable for the work that needs to be done.  It's disappointing how disposable things are these days, but it is what it is.  Just because something doesn't have a lot of value doesn't mean it will be cheap to repair. I would just use it as an excuse to buy a PS5 when they come out next year and move on.  

• jack4 weeks agoReport

With their warranty program . All I had to do in the end was let them swap out phones with them through some company called asurion. These repair business charge insane amounts of money to use cheap defective parts and not give you a refund despite their claim of fixing it .

• Jay

nope, it simply won't be that cheap. all you have to do anyways is buy a new part, desolder the old one, then put the new one in.

• jack4 weeks agoReport

I’m not a soldering technician but Paying $150 for them to spend 15 minutes or less to solder 1 piece on a $100 motherboard sounds insane. $150 charge is just them scamming you to make back on the money they’ve been losing because of places like bestbuy and Walmart. Doesn’t have to do with skill

Contact Playstation directly? is it still on warranty? if not, try anyway

• jack4 weeks agoReport

It’s a 5 yearold PS4 I bought off eBay for $300 in 2015 . Warranty was voided ages ago