Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

Why did this boy stop being my friend?

I had this friend for like 2 years. He always wanted to go further and told me he was in love with me. I just wasn't feeling it and told him id rather just be friends. I met another guy however since a few months ago. When I met this other guy, he told me he couldn't meet me at weekends anymore and was busy with college work etc.

Then when summer came, I tried to meet up with him and he told me he was too busy for the summer doing things and meeting others. I stopped texting him and left him be. We haven't spoke since June this year.

It was like he wanted me to miss him or something by distancing himself? Like a game? Playing hard to get?

Why did he do this?

He may have moved on. While most will pursue relentlessly if they’re interested, this seems like such a broad span of time with no contact, it’s logical he’s uninterested, or cares more about what he’s doing now than in finding time to contact you.

You wanted to be friends, he didn't. Unrequited love sucks and it sucks watching the one you love be with someone else. Not everyone is built for the friendzone, I am not blaming you for wanting to be friends, you just weren't feeling him and that's ok. But he also has a right to move on and let you go. He probably didn't want you to feel guilty or bad which is why he never told you strait up why he couldn't hang out with you.

Unfortunately, love does not just go away. Especially if your friends with said individual. He probably just needs some space and some time to get over you. Maybe down the line when he has met someone else who reciprocates his feelings ETC you guys can be buddies and chat ETC. But you need to be understanding with how he feels and what he needs to do to let you go.

He hoped things would change

once you met someone else, he accepted it wouldnt and moved on

he never wanted to be "just friends"

He didn't like your blue face