Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

How has a U.S woman been able to kill a U.K motorcyclist and run away to the states to avoid prosecution, is murder not murder?

So pretty much any U.S citizen who has diplomatic ties can come here and just commit a murder and have immunity? Its rediculous, they're horrible horrible people, i hope that country crashes and burns

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Frank
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Homicide is not "murder". And no...people do not just get away with it.

update: read the story. It was an accident. The woman was the WIFE of an INTELLIGENCE OFFICER...and that means she has immunity.

I have zero sympathy for motorcyclists at this point in time. They offer NO protection at all and people should not be riding them. Its not a question of IF you are going to be injured or killed...but WHEN. Worst form of motorized transport ever devised.

• 4 weeks ago

generalising about an entire country is stupid 

• 4 weeks ago

It is up to the US State Department (in consultation with the President) to decide whether or not to revoke her diplomatic immunity. It is a function of the multi-lateral diplomatic treaties among nearly all civilized countries, but is sometimes subject to abuse by criminals. That doesn't automatically make it legal for people "with diplomatic ties" to commit crimes in other countries.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

She had diplomatic immunity from the time she left the USA as the wife of a diplomat, by treaty.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Anyone who does This should be grabbed and stuffed for a weekend at the Pagan's or Bandido's clubhouse. What's Left of her on Monday can then be released. She Wont kill a biker, again.

Don't Bore me with denial/rationalization of DI or: "how many times it's happened in past". Past is Over, .lets do something, Now. Helmet stickers and urinal targets with Her face on them. Even McVeigh distributed cards at gun shows with Lon Horiuchi's phone number on them (the FBI creep that murdered Randy Weaver's pregnant wife.)

Source(s): Ride an FX, I Hate when this happens. Let the Lord forgive her: I Can't..
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You seem to be confused or just ignorant to the "diplomatic immunity" circumstances. First of all, the USA is not the only country who has Diplomatic Immunity, so it should not "crash and burn". The same situation with the woman who crashed into and killed that motorist in the UK could happen in many countries where there is Diplomatic Immunity.

Is it fair? NO WAY. That woman should face the consequences of her actions and it is a travesty that she is hiding behind the Diplomatic Immunity laws because those laws were not meant to create a free pass to kill without penalty. Whether that death was an accident or not, it was a civilian that died for no good reason. I would be furious is someone's actions killed my son and they slipped through the LOOPHOLES of Diplomatic Immunity. Those Diplomatic Immunity laws were not created to protect illegal activity such as vehicular manslaughter. UK has a right to be pissed off.

• 4 weeks ago

There are good reasons for diplomatic immunity. This is an extreme and unfortunate case. Don't ignore the fact that you guys drive on the wrong side of the road... but it was a super-stupid mistake.

• 4 weeks ago

Diplomatic immunity generally functions in almost all countries. Not "any US citizen with diplomatic ties". Only a direct family member (spouse or child) of the actual diplomat or member of their direct staff.

• 4 weeks ago

Yup, just as any UK person with diplomatic ties can do the same in USA or anywhere else. It happens more often then you would think that diplomats get away with this kind of thing.

• 4 weeks ago

The person asking this question is a U.S. citizen, who hates our country.

• 4 weeks ago

She wasn't even a diplomat, nor a diplomat's wife. Her husband works on a US spy base and is most likely one of the spies eavesdropping on the Russians and Europeans. The US claims to have 20,000 "diplomats" working in the UK, basically anyone working for the US gets diplomatic immunity and so do their family members.

At the end of the day it is not murder as it was a traffic accident, she wasn't concentrating and forgot to drive on the left as she was leaving the base, and she wasn't drunk or using her cell phone. So most likely she would have just got 6-points on her driving license.

In 2011 a US "diplomat" deliberately drove on the wrong side of the road to avoid a traffic jam because he was in a rush, to get to an undercover CIA operative who had just shot two people in the back, and killed a cyclist. He did the same thing and fled back to the US.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Any good atheist doesn't give a hoot about your idiotic jabber about "almighty" this and that or some posthumous justice BS.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.