Is this society growing forwards or backwards? ?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Society does not move forward or backward. Society 'CHANGES'.

• JonZ
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Society is always moving forward. Even when we feel humanity is going backwards what is happening is factions within society are trying to exert their influence and other factions pushing back. Progress is never a straight line but I believe eventually the majority of factions will find common ground and move us forward for the betterment of all.

• Frank
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

In a era where we allow LEFTISTS to spew their garbage...backwards.

• Conservatives are more religious and religion is pretty backwards. Prove me wrong!

• 3 weeks ago

In this context, forward means improving, a brighter future for future inhabitants. A larger government needs more taxes and requires more un-elected people in authority. That isn't an improvement. Forward means greater self reliance and more responsible citizens solving their own problems and creating ways to help others improve their lives. Increasing dependency on government assistance is doomed to fail. Instead, make it easier for adults to create wealth and help others create wealth freeing government resources for defense and law enforcement. Shrink government and enable citizens to get rich legally through their own ingenuity so people don't need tax dollars to survive. A larger government moves the society BACKWARDS. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Which society, in which part of the world? As with most websites, this site operates world-wide.

• 3 weeks ago

I think society is growing backward but we can change in forward 

• Kate
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

As a society of people I think we are going backwards. This is quite apart from technology and inventions.

• 3 weeks ago

The distinction between two pairs of three types of innovations each enables me to explain the difference between innovation forwards and innovation backwards

The principle purpose of innovation forwards is a liveable existence for future generations worldwide. Type 3 innovations (both technical and social) are its main driver, supported by type 2 and type 1. Innovation forwards does not exclude improving productivity (type 1), for instance by the deployment of robotics, but will safeguard autonomous and challenging jobs for all in the first place[3].

The principle purpose of innovation backward is growth of company turnover and shareholder value. Type 1 innovation is its main driver (again: both technical and social). Types 2 and 3 are supportive. Innovation backward might include the acceptance of so-called corporate social responsibility (type 3), but only if it contributes to profit reputation and shareholder value.

Currently, innovation backward dominates innovation forwards. Some overall indicators are the on-going increase of CO2-emissions[4] and the increasing differences between rich and poor countries and between its inhabitants[5].

• Stan
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

We have gone forward over the last 100 years VERY FAST can it continue?

• geezer
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Backwards .... faster and faster as each year passes !

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.