Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 weeks ago

Is smoking marijuana regularly at a young age a gateway to doing other drugs later in life?

Thoughts, opinions ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

Definitely.  People who use "recreational" marijuana want to get high so they can escape reality.  After a while, marijuana doesn't cut it, so they move on to harder stuff.

• 2 weeks ago

Yes and no.

It is, if you let it be.

As for people who say that potheads are escapists, these are sheltered people that havnt been around the block. Most people dont smoke for shi#@s and giggles. Most people smoke because they have an underlying chemical imbalance, such as bipolar, anxiety, schitzophrenia, and psychosis and pot helps them with that. A very good friend of mine had thyroid issues from the lithium she was on for bipolar and she went back to pot. People dont understand what other people go through. Nothing is black and white.

For people who think that pot is for "losers": Willie Nelson smokes pot and that man put together Farm Aid for America's farmers who have been pelted with natural disasters and poor prices from unfair trade negotiations. That man has done something both gracious and proactive with his life. My hat goes off to him. God Bless his soul. I have more respect for him than I do a lot of "normal" people.

• David
      Lv 7
      1 week agoReport

Marijuana is a fraud.  "And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived" (Revelation 18:22, KJV). 

• 4 weeks ago

It is for losers whose whole purpose in life is to get high (which is actually true for a lot of teens as well). Other people are able to stick with weed without going on to anything stronger.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

At a young age it causes permanent brain damage. It also lowers the IQ and can cause brain shrinkage.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Actually, there's pretty good evidence that people who get hooked on heroin drank milk and ate corn flakes earlier in life. So ban those things!

• 4 weeks ago

Why do people need drugs to cope with everyday life?

• Bob
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

no, its just that people who would try pot in the first place are naturally more open to trying other drugs.

• Yeah it is, just avoid it so sick of stupid kids talking about it you’re a bunch of jackoffs

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.