Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

How do I stop children from putting pins on my chair?

My students (I teach fifth grade) keep putting tacks on my chair, so I sit down and it hurts. I yelp in pain every time, so they laugh at me. How can I prevent this? (I have tried putting an apple on the floor but it still happens to me)

GET RID OF THE GODDAMN CHAAIIIIRRRR

Just check your chair before you sit down. If the kids wont stop this silly behaviour try to ignore them and hopefully eventually they will stop once they realize you are not going to react.

• PAMELA

Look on the chair before you sit down, do you have a brain?

how hard is it to look before you sit

• audrey

Did it ever occur to you to just look before sitting down?

You're going to have to check your chair each and every time before you sit down.

Remove all sources of tacks from your classroom -- you can't be using them yourself to have displays.

Search your students' belongings for tacks. If you find any, call that kid's parents right then and there. Then that kid goes to the principal's office.

Have you contacted the students' parents/guardians about this dilemma?