Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 3 weeks ago

Does Zscaler keep record of your websites? ?

My school uses Zscaler to block out certain websites. Today, I used a movie website and an inappropriate ad popped up. I have always used incognito mode just in case this would happen and today it happened. I was just wondering if Zscaler would notify my school of what website I was trying to access.

It can track websites you visit or attempt to visit. What the school does with that information is up to them. By attempting to connect to an illegal movie website, you left the school vulnerable to a lawsuit that could cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars if they hadn't blocked you. They may take this kind of criminal activity very seriously since it has a huge impact on them.

The school can know every website you visit on their network regardless of Zscaler. They can link it to a computer and time. Stop going on non school related websites.

Also, incognito mode ONLY removes history and other data after you close the browser.