Khya asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 months ago

I have terrible period pains! I don’t know what to do please help me!?

I have tried everything- Advil, hot water bottle, chocolate etc. Nothing works! My doctor diagnosed me with Dysmenorrhea so I get extremely painful periods.

The pain gets so terrible I feel like passing out. 

• Edna

I'm sure that because you have painful periods, your doctor did diagnose you with dysmenorrhea. "Dysmenorrhea" is a noun and a medical term that just means you have painful menstruation, typically involving abdominal cramps. It's not some terrible, dreaded illness. Ask your doctor if he will prescribe the birth control pill for you to take. The birth control pill will "cure" your painful periods.

• Edna

Khya:  Lo Lestrin Fe is a low-hormone birth control pill that contains only one hormone.. It the brand you're presently taking doesn't relieve your menstrual pain, ask you doctor to put you on the combination pill instead. The combination pill contains two different hormones.

• Linda

You need something stronger than advil. Have you tried extra strength Midol or Premarin? Talk to your doctor again and ask him if he can give you something stronger? Maybe low dose hormone pills to alter your periods and the awful pain, cramping that comes with it?

• Khya7 months agoReport

I’m on Lo Loestrin Fe

Try having sex and see if that will help you. He would need to be very gentle with you.

Try this:-

- use some stronger ibuprofen if the ones you're using aren't working. There are different products on the market which are specifically made for relieving menstrual pain, although I personally find that normal ibuprofen works just as well. Avoid aspirin, as it interferes with blood clotting.

- Keep the area warm. If using a hot water bottle isn't working, then try soaking in a hot bath, or try using a heating pad or a rice sock (wrapped up in a towel or cover first, never let it come into direct contact with your skin, as it could cause burns).

- Have some peppermint sweets or peppermint tea - peppermint can help relieve the pain.

- Keep your fluid intake up by drinking plenty of fluids. Being dehydrated can make the cramps worse. However, avoid too much caffeine, alcohol and sugary drinks, as this can make it worse.

- Have calcium, which helps lessen the severity of cramps. Good sources include milk, dairy food made from milk like cheese or yogurt, tomatoes, watercress and soya.

- Consuming ginger in any form (root, tea or sweets) has also been shown to relieve cramps and reduce nausea.

- Have some food and drink which contain potassium to help relieve the pain such as gatorade, dark leafy green vegetables, baked potato with skin, salmon, bananas, white mushrooms, avocado, white beans and dried apricots.

- Eat more fiber to help flush excess estrogen from your body. Foods containing fiber include fresh fruits and vegetables, raisins, porridge oats, brown bread, popcorn, brown rice, brown pasta and fiber rich breakfast cereals like all bran.

- Some dietary supplements have been indicated to help relieve menstrual discomfort such as zinc, omega 3, vitamin e and thiamine.

- Use of hormonal contraception i.e. the pill can help.

- As much as you may not feel like it, mild exercises can increase blood flow and help provide relief, so try going for a jog, practicing yoga, or go for a bike ride.

- Distract yourself from the pain by doing something that would normally absorb you such as socializing on facebook or twitter (if you use them), reading a book, watching a good film or your favorite tv programme (preferably a comedy as laughter is a natural pain reliever), playing a computer game or chatting online with friends.

- Acupuncture can also help.

- Wear loose fitting clothing that doesn't put pressure on your abdomen, like floaty dresses. Avoid those that do like leotards, swimsuits and skinny jeans.

Hope this helps.

• PAMELA

You need to go back to the doctor for stronger painkillers, and ask for treatment, you should not have to put up with it.

Try masturbating to orgasm, that should ease the pain

Try Tylenol instead.  And pray.  I will pray for you too.  

P.S.  Do not take aspirin with advil (ibuprophen).  

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)

Have you tried asking Jehovah for help.

Your doctor should have prescribed something.  Maybe even bc to help control your periods.  If he or she is not helpful, see a new gynecologist because there's no reason why you should have to suffer every month.