My doctor has  been out of the office for over 3 months. The office keeps cancelling and rescheduling apts. Is this normal?

• Judith
    Favorite Answer

If this were my doctor, I'd be assuming that he is undergoing a serious health problem of his own. Obviously something is wrong. Normal? No but it would be if he or someone he loves is ill. Be thankful he is in a practice with other doctors and you are being cared for.

• Ti

Yes, it is,and you are free to find another doctor.

• zipper

I had the same thing happen to me, it came out finely that he had a heart attack and I had to fine a new doctor; who seems a lot more on the ball when treating me. He changed most my meds and I feel a lot better and can do a lot more too.  Start looking for a new Quick!

• Melanie9 months agoReport

Thanks for sharing. My doctor is only 34, but I guess it could happen. I am reluctant to let him go because he has been a great doctor. I have had a hard time finding someone as good as he was. They just changed my apt AGAIN today. Sorry about your doctor.

Find another doctor. I assume that doctor is going through something...doesn't sound normal...but life happens.

No. He might be sick, or something.

• Judy

doctors get sick or have emergencies too. Not common but not unheard of. Consider going to someone else.

No. Ask them "what's REALLY going on here?".

• Melanie9 months agoReport

I wish I could, but they don't because of privacy reasons. He was/is one of my favorite doctors. So its hard to not be worried.

No, it's not normal for a doctor who wants to remain in practice. It's normal for a doctor to send out a notification if s/he is going to be unavailable, especially longer than a month. Ask the office manager who the doctor is referring patients to. That's the least they can do to help you.

• Melanie9 months agoReport

Yes. I agree. I see another doctor in that same practice. Its a medical group so everyone covers each other's backs. But its still difficult. He's an amazing doctor for me and we were working hard on so many things and having success. I just pray he comes back. :(

It could be many things, maybe he got injured, maybe he's taking time off, they actually have lives outside work also.

You are the reason your doctor drinks.

• Melanie9 months agoReport

Hah! How would you even know if he DOES drink?